Thursday, January 3, 2008

Journey to Detox

I decided to start the year off with a detox. I started the Master Cleanse today and am feeling like I really love food a lot a lot a lot. Good Food. Vegetables. Food full of junk. Food full of sugar. Drinks with caffeine. You name it I like it. I think I really like the sensation of chewing my food. I was really good about holding strong to my cleanse all day. I did notice that there were many time during the day that I would go to lick the kid's spoon or eat an uneaten carrot. I didn't do it but I did feel the urge to do it and to do it a lot. So it got me to thinking how often do I do that on regular basis and never realize. I know it is not a big deal but I am sure in some way those unhealthy calories add up. I am sure that is not good for my body, but I am sure that this cleanse is going to be. Happy Cleansing to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UG- 1 day in and I am done! my body has done bad things. I know the 'toxic' chemicals are bad, but I'm not convinced that the detox process is any better. UG!
Good luck and you are amazing for keeping with this.
UG!

MaDeb or Deb said...

You are so funny....but hey I'm with you.. I'm just too whimpy and will have to keep all my nasty toxins. But I'll start exercising more and eat better!