Friday, March 21, 2008

Snack ideas

I am a big believe in keep your metabolism moving. I prefer 4-5 meals a day. Many people prefer 3 meals and 3 snacks. If you happen to be a snaker, I thought I would post some yummy healthy snack ideas just for you.

1 cup Yogurt with 1 cup of berries (I like to warm up my berries)
1 medium apple or banana with natural peanut butter
6 whole grain crackers with 1 string cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese with fruit aka peach, apple sauce, etc.
2 rice cakes with 1tbs almond butter
Protein bar
Celery Sticks with Natural Peanut butter
2 tbs almonds, 2 tbs raisins
Smoothie
4 whole wheat crackers and 1/4 cup guacamole
1/4 cup trail mix
Protein shake and sweet potatoe fries
1 cup fat free yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup non cooked oats and 2 oz raisins

I'll be honest, non of these look all that appetizing to me and that is why I eat 4-5 meals a day, but to each their own.

1 comment:

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

Great ideas I love peanut butter it is my weakness