Monday, April 14, 2008

Tilapia

Just sharing some yummy recipes. I am not a food photographer (I heard it is an art of it's own) and definitely not considered a good cook (that is sissy). I'm just a simple girl trying to eat clean meals. Thought I would share some recipes with those on a clean eating quest. I know all to well that eating clean can cancel hours and hours of gym time. So let's eat clean! We'll start with one of my favorites . . .this TILAPIA Creation!
Ingredients; Tilapia, Rice, Tomato, Avocado or Coconut Oil, Black Beans, Season Salt, Sour Cream and Fresh Salsa.Melt 1/2 tb Coconut Oil per serving. If you want to save on calories use Cooking Spray. 1/2 tb coconut oil is about 59 calories. Remember you need a healthy fat and Coconut oil is a really yummy healthy fat. It adds an amazing flavor.Put those loins in pan. Season with Johnny's Season Salt. Johnny's is a favorite. Try it. . .You'll love it!

While those Tilapia cooks. Measure 2 tbs Fat Free Sour Cream. Add 2 tbs fresh Salsa.Yes. . .black beans straight from the can.Rinse. Please Please Please Rinse. We are clean eating here!

Add 2 tbs Black Beans.I added 1/4 cup of Rice. After I calculated the calories I should have added 2 tbs it would have been plenty filling and cut the calories to the perfect amount.
Dice up 1/2 tomato.Add it to the Mix.
The easiest way for me to check if the Tilapia is completely cooked is if it breaks apart really easily.Add 1/4 avocado. I know avocados are delicious. . .but only 1/4 and only if you didn't use coconut oil. We don't need to go on healthy fat overload. Just add that to the mix. And Mix. . . . Add fully cooked Tilapia.And Mix. . .mix . . .mix. . .It might not look all that delicious, but let me tell you it is so yummy! It is a regular at this house. I L*O*V*E love it!
Serve with your choice of a yummy veggie.
Approximate calories; 320

5 comments:

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

I am so happy that you are getting remotivated!!! Happy Clean Eating

MaDeb or Deb said...

I'm so excited you shared your recipe through pictures! I just got back from grocery shopping and I just happen to have all the ingredients. We're going to have this meal tonight!!!Yeah for clean eating and your encouragement! Thanks for the push....

Laura Lee said...

that looks delicious!! I want to try it!!!

warmfuzzies said...

Looks delish!

Anonymous said...

I was looking up recipes for "eat clean tilapia recipes" and your blog came up. I am eating this as I write and it is DELICIOUS! Black beans are a staple in my eat clean kitchen. I am just starting up again and look forward to new and delicious recipes. Thank you for sharing!