Thursday, October 4, 2007

7 foods you must avoid. . .

I read this great article in Oxygen Magazine November 2007 p. 126. I'll write down the clip notes version. . . refer to the article or call me for more details. :)
1. Diet soda ~ Weight gain, bloating, loss of calcium
2. Gum ~ bloating, gas, cravings, abdominal pain
3. Unwashed fruits and veggies ~ ingesting dirt, pesticides and pathogens
4. Antibiotic fed chicken ~ Exposure to harmful bacteria, risk of infections
5. Burnt Meat ~ Risk of Cancer
6. Peanut Butter ~ Contains sugar, raises cholesterol, increase risk of heart disease
7. Cured Meats ~ Water retention, hypertension, risk of diseases
*If you think I follow these perfectly . . .you're right. . .well all except for that diet coke I can't live without once in awhile, the gum I chew when I get a craving which then causes more cravings. . .and the treat of all treats. . .peanut butter with splenda (I LOVE IT). I'm challenging myself to 30 days of clean eating. Can I do it?? I'll let you know! :)

1 comment:

RHS said...

what if it's organic peanut butter...nothing added...just creamed peanuts? is that still bad?