Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Ultimate Protein Shake

After a real good workout I think I could eat my entire house down. Even with some so~so workouts I could still eat down my house. I just feel hungry ~ really really hungry. With this shake it seems to satisfy my hunger and it is pretty yummy. In the Oxygen magazine, The Ultimate Protein Shake is recommended as a breakfast or after your morning workout.

1 cup 1% or nonfat plain Kefir
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 small banana
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 mint leaves
1 tsp ground flaxseed

1. In a blender, combine kefir, protein powder, fruit and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
2. Next add mint leaves and flaxseed and blend again.
3. If thinner consistency is desired, add a splash of skim milk or water and blend for 10 more seconds.
Calories 323

1 comment:

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

i love kefir, never thought about putting it into my shakes. great tip.